| Date: 07-10-26  Time: 15:24 PM
collapse

* User Info

 
 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Re: [V:MP] Police Department Pictures by Kawashty
[January 11, 2021, 06:44:49 AM]


Re: VCPD - hezzy by Klaus
[November 14, 2020, 18:58:05 PM]


Re: VCPD - hezzy by Aky
[November 14, 2020, 14:44:27 PM]


Re: VCPD - hezzy by Hazard
[November 14, 2020, 14:01:22 PM]


Re: VCPD - hezzy by Aky
[November 12, 2020, 23:01:59 PM]

* Who's Online

  • Dot Guests: 1
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search


Author Topic: Attitude towards eachother  (Read 393 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline [R*]Austin

  • Top Kop (SA:MP)
  • [V:MP] LSPD Sergeant
  • ****
  • Posts: 563
Attitude towards eachother
« on: May 31, 2020, 18:49:20 PM »
Hello fellow officers,

In recent multiple events ive been noticing a lot of things. Miscommunication (which im part of) is the biggest part of that. Which i think is unavoidable.

But what i want to talk about is attitude in general. Today i tried to have a little RP situation with Agent about transporting/escorting valuable cargo to the LS Pacific bank. I wanted to keep it low key, not with too many cops. Imo it would not be realistic to have 8 cops escorting a truck with valuables in it.

In the course of setting this up more and more cops joined. I did not have a problem with this until the moment we were basically ready to go. Another cop (will not name names) came and wanted to be updated. I told him that we are ready to go and he should continue his patrol. After saying this he got angry.

All i am trying is to add something to the server.

Couple of things i want to note:

1: I am not a babysitter. I expect everyone to either accept a yes or a no. You can discuss as adults afterwards
2: Nothing is personal. Please dont take it that way.
3: I am not trying to set up massive events. If i would, i would advertise it as such.
4: I am not trying to have RP situations that end up in massive shootings. I try to keep it lowkey RP and also give criminals the opportunity.
5: If it is clear who is in charge (not always clear, im partially to blame), telling him what 'should' have been done or what 'shouldnt' have been done during the RP situation is not a good time. Reflect afterwards if you have comments on how to improve.
6: Lets all just have fun? Im not new, ive been around.

I think the problem is that people assumed it as being an event. But i dont see it that way.

As a result, for now, i will refrain from doing such RP situations and leave them to higher ranked officers in the department. Please let me know if you have any comments below.

Thanks Car :)

Offline Mac Taylor

  • [IV:MP] N.O.o.S.E C.I.U Inspector
  • [V:MP] LSPD Captain
  • ******
  • Posts: 369
  • Badge-ID: #LC8271
  • SA-MP: [TCL]Mac
  • VC:MP: [TCL]Mac
  • IV:MP: [TCL]Mac
  • V:MP: [TCL]Mac
Re: Attitude towards eachother
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2020, 19:38:38 PM »
Hello,

I agree with your points, I will even include some of them in tonight's training.

All officers are free to host whatever event or small roleplay situations with whatever number or whoever they like. They are free to accept or deny the assistance of other officers, but please take in mind to do that in a kind and good manner. I am speaking in general, I do not know what happened today or any details about that. However, I can assume there is conflicts between two officers due to a recent incident, I hope those two don't turn this topic into a complaint section, if you want to report feel free to contact one of Sergeants+. (Complaint board should be only for civilians reporting one of us, any internal arguments should be handled internally.)

We should also understand that no one likes to be denied from assistance in a hard manner or such, I can expect the other side go angry if I refuse his assistance in an unkind manner. Again, I am speaking in general not to this specific situation.

Offline Jcstodds

  • The Sheriff
  • [V:MP] Chief of Police
  • ********
  • Posts: 1726
  • [R*]
Re: Attitude towards eachother
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2020, 13:00:12 PM »
Hi Austin, I hope the actions of a few do not deter you from organising similar RP's in future. I would recommend using the LSPD CB channel to distinguish your activity from other patrol activity that may be occuring. I think all your points are valid and if there are any ideas on improving this for the future that I can help with, let me know.

To make it clear to everyone, all ranks should respect the roleplay of others and not go out of their way to disrupt it.
If you have a problem, as Mac said - do not disrupt the RP of others to complain. Reflect on it afterwards so people can carry on. Lead by example if you think you can do better.


For those who think they are entitled for every officer to report to them... recheck the vision of this PD and reflect on your attitude.
LSPD Chief Stodds

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal