Argonath RPG Police Department
General => General Discussion => Topic started by: Monte Montague on April 23, 2015, 01:26:32 AM
-
If so,
Then I am of the belief that the officer should approach the vehicle and should talk to the person through his passenger seat and should not be standing in the middle of the road.
I've seen too many officers endangering their lives and obstructing traffic by talking to drivers in the middle of the road.
Kind Regards,
Monte.
-
I've asked about this in the past, and I've seen it happen before.
I agree with you, for safety reasons officer should approach the passenger side window when conducting a traffic stop.
-
It dependa how you park your car, it should be used to cover you during the traffic stop.
-
When standing at the passenger side, it will be hard to attempt to drag the driver out. It will slow down the reaction speed when you have to intervene (pulling out keys, pulling out driver, etc.). I think we should still be standing by the driver side.
Solution to the safety: park the car slightly to the left of the car in front of you. Your rear view mirror should be aligned with the car's left mirror. This way, there's a safety zone. Look at this (horrible stock) image to see what I mean:
(http://thumb101.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/487144/487144,1270719255,143/stock-photo-women-sitting-in-car-being-pulled-over-by-police-officer-50530138.jpg)
-
(http://i.imgur.com/fDTecPU.png)
-
Dean couldn't have explained it better. When you park your cruiser in a traffic stop you shouldn't line it with the suspects car, because that gives you no cover from the traffic.
-
When standing at the passenger side, it will be hard to attempt to drag the driver out. It will slow down the reaction speed when you have to intervene (pulling out keys, pulling out driver, etc.). I think we should still be standing by the driver side.
In reality, this is a factor. In SAMP, it's the other way around. When you carjack someone from the driver's side there's an 80% chance of you doing the carjack animation then just standing still and the car driving off. If you enter from the passenger side, you're inside the vehicle unconditionally and the carjack is inevitable.
What is also a real life factor, which doesn't have a place in SAMP is the danger of blind spots. When standing next to the driver's window, your point of view is his lap, the gears, passenger side... Not his left arm, should this not be on the wheel.
A suspect could be holding a pistol low against the driver's door, there's not a cop with enough reaction time against that.
Ofcourse, placing the patrol vehicle in the middle of the road so that talking is a lot safer is a solution in some cases.
But look at context, is there a busy event taking place near? Are you in the city or on a highway? How many people are inside the vehicle? There's no dead set general approach to traffic stops, and standing in the middle of the road unconditionally is definitely not one.
-
There is no rule which side you must stand on. It really is up to the officer discretion for his own safety, especially at Mulholland Intersection/LS-LV highway or any busy road. It is a lower risk of getting hit for being on the passenger side.
Above (Dutchy Post) last paragraph you should also keep those safety reasons in mind.
-
(http://i.imgur.com/fDTecPU.png)
-
(http://i.imgur.com/fDTecPU.png)
This was explained in my guide that I made nearly a year ago: http://imgur.com/a/HUgeI (http://imgur.com/a/HUgeI)
Your welcome.
-
Since we're showing MS paint tactics, this is what I made for SRU back in '10
I think this was about Intercepting suspectcs evading specifically on the Julius Thruway,
(http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz91/DR_dutchy/Tactic2.jpg)
And this one is for TS.
(http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz91/DR_dutchy/Tactic.jpg)
Above is what it would look like on paramilitary level, below is just fine.
(http://i.imgur.com/fDTecPU.png)